Thursday 4 July 2013

SKINCARE

PREP: Directly after I wash my face, morning and night, I splash some of this on. I swear, my skin is addicted to this...
 
MORNING: I mix a pump each of firming serum, vitamin C and vitamin B
Photos: Advance Skin Technology





PROTECT: This is one thing I can't leave home without and it's the best sunscreen I've used in my life (does not clog pores)
 
CLEANSE: This face washer is exactly as it's name suggests, and the cleanser is so gentle, your skin will not be striped of its PH levels
Photo: Jane Iredale and Advanced Skin Technology

 
NIGHT: I alternate between this combination and the one below; I use RedLess 21 to calm my rosea, I used to use this daily but as it healed my rosea, I now just use it on days I get patches of dryness or on top of the Retinol Brulee (not every time, either). Retinol Brulee, I use 2 times a week on average (evenings when I know I won't be out the in sun the next day)
Photo: Advanced Skin Technology

NIGHT: I alternate Exfol (layered with Extreme C20) with the Retinol Brulee - I usually use it on evenings after I've been outdoors most of the day, exposed to the environmental pollutants. Jungle Brew is only used rarely now for breakouts (affected areas only)
Photo: Viva Wellness



Those of you who have emailed and asked me about my skincare regime and products, this one's for you. Oh, and those of you who have asked, my freckles are real and I've had them since I was a kid. I used to hate them so much because I wanted flawlessness, but travelling through parts of Asia, being swarmed by sales girls that want to rid me of my imperfection has made me totally  embraced them..

OK, down to business...now for me, clean, bright, glowing skin and teeth are the two most important signs of health, hygiene and self respect, and the first two things I notice on people when I meet them. 

You will notice that most of the products above are serums and are also 'cosmeceuticals'. Until a few years ago, I was a devoted user of creams...then I discovered serums! What's the difference? Serums are lighter weight and tend to be water based (more liquidy) making it easily absorbed and the most concentrated way for the skin to drink up all the key ingredients and vitamins.  

Cosmeceuticals are essentially a formulation of cosmetic and pharmaceuticals containing the highest concentrated form of active ingredients. Needless to say, these products are not readily available at any cosmetics counter, but usually only at specialty stores with licensed beauticians.

The combination of the above (cosmeceutical serums) also means that, generally, it can be layered on / mixed without adverse effects. Also, you must definitely go and consult with a beautician for a skin assessment so that the best concoction can be recommended for your skin type.

My skin has always been sensitive and, in the past, have had the occasional breakout. But, I can honestly say that since I've been using my brew, I've not had a facial for two years. I'm so glad that now, facials are really a choice and little moments of self indulgent, rather than an emergency booking to rid the break out and or dullness.

To make things easier, I've grouped products that I use different photos (combinations) with little captions below it. Again, I will stress to you that the above is the combination I use and as everyone is different, see a licensed beautician and let them work out what is most suited to your skin.

xOxo

P.S. If you are having difficulty locating a licensed beautician, around your area, that stocks the brands mentioned above, email me.


No comments:

Post a Comment