Thursday 17 October 2013

CLASS ACT

 



 




 
 





Photos by Mr.T and me

On me: Sloppy Joe Zimmermann, Shorts Lover, Shoes Brian Atwood, Bag Valentino Garavani, Earrings BAUBLEBAR

Hi guys! A warm welcome back for me haha. Sorry, I've been MIA for a while...sometimes, we all need to take a bit of time out, a bit of me  time, to keep ourselves sane. That's exactly what I did the past month. These picts were taken in early September, before my time out...I've almost forgotten about them.

Anyways, enough about my 'me time'... Remember my obsession with bomber jackets? Well, that obsession was actually borne out of my love for sweat shirts. It's my fail-safe, go-to, top of choice. Think about it, it's comfortable, versatile, great for those I-don't-feel-like-I'm-looking-my-best-to-glam-up days, and when worn with the right pieces, it transitions from day to night while maintaining that air of insouciance to the outfit.

I've been lucky enough that the sweat shirt has re-surfaced as a cult piece last season and continues to be this season. This has afforded me plenty of choices. When I saw this one by Zimmermann, it was love at first site. It's made of organza silk, giving the sloppy joe subtle structure (allowing it to show off the beautiful 'honour' crest design - central to Zimmermann's Spring / Summer 2013 collection - 'Class of 2013'). 

Oh, this was date night by the way. We decided to try Ding Dong, a newish project (at the time) of our favourite chef Ryan Clift. The concept is fusion South East Asian, and the result is a fabulous bright mix of texture and flavours; twists to classic South East Asian street food favourites with some of the dishes being a pure experimental delight.  Choose from their a la carte menu or for newbies, I highly recommend the 'degustation menu' - compilation of their best sellers. 

I must also mention, their cocktails are a must try - modern fusion twists to classics: Mojitos using palm sugar, sake mixed with yoghurt and espresso martinis using Vietnamese style coffee drips(pictured). All this talk (typing) is strongly eliciting my urge to re-visit this place.

By the way, I still have heaps of pictures from my last trip back home. I know it feels so long ago now and almost irrelevant, but it took me a while to sort them all out and it would be such a waste if I don't publish them. So I hope you won't mind too much if I put up the picts in my next few posts.

'Till then,

xOxo



No comments:

Post a Comment