Monday 3 June 2013

EXPLORING HO CHI MINH PART I




 
 






 
Photos by Mr. T and Me
On me: Shirt Honore, Shorts Zara, Shoes Chanel Espadrilles, Bag Chanel Boy, Glasses Maison Martin Margiela, Jewellery Vintage Cartier What Woment Want & Miansai

This was my very first trip to Vietnam and Ho Chi Minh City definitely exceeded my every expectation. Although I stayed and explored mostly around District 1, due to time constraints, I had so much fun. The streets were clean and not as crazy busy as I thought - everyone warned me about crossing the road, and although the first few times were scary, once you get use to it... it was a piece of cake! Note: hold your breath and keep crossing calmly - the cars and motorbikes will know how to avoid you; but sudden running across and or stopping - will be a mistake. If you're still afraid, the 'Tourist Security' officers in dark green uniforms will happily help you cross the road (or do what I did a few times and tailgate a local crossing the road).

We did all the must-see: The Opera House (photos 7 & 8), Notre Dame Cathedral (next blog: EXPLORING HO CHI MINH PART II), Saigon Central Post Office and City Hall(all reachable by foot if you don't mind the heat). The architecture were amazing, retaining all their colonial charm with local touches. People were also uber friendly, you could stop and ask, and anyone will be more than happy to give you directions or suggest places worth visiting.

Now, the important bit of a trip: food. Vietnamese food is AMAZEBALLZ! The summer rolls (photo 12) were definitely my favourite! Bit of prawn, bit of pork, heaps of herbs and vermicelli noodles all wrapped in rice paper goodness and dipped in a beautiful vinegar sauce...I definitely will have to visit again very soon.

On me: Before I forget, my outfit - these shorts by Zara and this shirt by Honore, along with my Chanel Espadrilles, have to be the best buys of my recent times (in fact, I love this outfit and the combination of the print on the shirt and shorts so much, I wore it again - photo 5). They match (or purposely clash) with anything, super comfy, and weigh next to nothing when packing for short trips, definitely pieces to last me a lifetime.

xOxo

No comments:

Post a Comment